Maybe that’s because I’m a Capricorn, but I’ve always enjoyed goats. They’re smart, they’re cute, they’re funny – and they’re wonderfully daring creatures.
I recently saw this photo pass on my facebook stream, showing goats on the quasi-vertical edge of a dam in Italy. And I found it an inspiration for my own ventures.
Here’s the wisdom I got from these daring goats – values I try to stick to myself:
- Just because something looks impossible doesn’t mean you cannot do it.
- There’s always a bit of rock you can hang onto – you just have to look hard enough.
- To climb a mountain, you should be lean and strong, but most of all, you should be balanced.
- Balance is all about putting your weight in the right spot.
- When you’re standing on a vertical cliff, your posture might look awkward, even clownish. But you’re the only one in that spot, and those laughing at your posture are not able to get there in the first place.
- If you’re standing on the side of a cliff, a clumsy move may take you down – but no tiger will come after you.
- You don’t have to be sad and lonely standing on the mountain edge. You just hang out with other goats.
- There’s food enough for a lot of goats on the mountain edge – none of the cows, horses or rabbits will come up and fight for it.